Gucci on the water

Gucci  GG3744/S Prescription Sunglasses

We were flying across the water - following a fellow oyster farmer who was in a tunnel bottom boat with a Jack Plate.  We were both racing to the oyster leases to catch the low tide before it began to rise.  Then he almost got stuck in that magical boat that seems to only need a coating of water over the Bay's muddy bottom.  And he raced on leaving us stuck. Seriously stuck.  We exited Ginny, my 19' Carolina Skiff, and sank knee deep into the mud.  We tried to push, pull, then rested. It was impossible.  Only more water would be of help. 

And then, I decided to fiddle with the Lowrance which had again given me fits.  I took off my prescription polarized Gucci sunglasses and put them on my head.  A habitual action, but I had my warm hat on so they really didn't hug my head as they normally do.  And then, it happened.  I leaned over to look at the water depth and they fell into the water.  It was only 8 inches, but clouded with the mud stirred up from our efforts.  I tried. I really tried to find them.  On my hands and knees scanning the bottom with my bare hands.  What I could have found instead of the glasses occurred to me, but did not deter me.  I searched and ran transects in my search and never found them. 

One pair of prescription Gucci sunglasses donated to the Bay. 

Oystering is getting more and more expensive by the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Keller Women

The Movie, OYSTERMOM